Each month members share their knowledge in open spaces. Sessions are presented by members of the community and there are no pre-set topics.
The topics and facilitators are determined at the event by the attendees. The unconference typically has 3 concurrent tracks. Members facilitate sessions or present and attendees attend sessions they are interested in.
The vast majority of the sessions are in ""round-table" format, meaning that they are a discussion amongst everybody in the room.
- 6:00 pm - Doors open for food, beer & networking
- 6:45 pm - Begin the UnConference!
- 7:00 pm - UnConference session 1
- 7:40 pm - UnConference session 2
- 8:20 pm - UnConference session 3
Example Sessions from Past Events:
- Laura Klein, author of UX for Lean Startups - Q&A
- David Bland, Principle Advisor at Neo - What do I do with this custdev data?
- Gagan Biyani & Morgan Springer, founders of Sprig - Q&A
- Jez Humble, author of Lean Enterprise - Q&A
- Alex Cowan, author of Starting a Tech Business - Storyboarding
- Mair Dundon, UX Facilitator at QuietAction - Self Persona Workshop
- Jacob Esparza, CEO of Making Friends - Lessons Learned from Steve Blank's Lean Launch Pad
Anyone can propose a session to:
- Share their knowledge
- Ask for help
- Discuss a topic
- NO PITCHES OR SOLICITATIONS!
Beer, pizza and a good hang with great people is included thanks to the price tag.